Do you struggle with crooked teeth? Have you long wondered if you could benefit from braces? Orthodontists estimate that nearly half of people need orthodontic care to fix functional problems with their teeth. This means that if you suspect you need braces, there’s a good chance that you do. Your dentist in Katy and Houston, TX can help you decide whether braces make sense for you.
Signs You Need Braces
Braces are an excellent tool for people whose teeth don’t line up properly. Braces can fix problems with jaw alignment, tooth alignment, incorrect tooth spacing and more.
Below are some of the signs you may notice if you need braces.
- Crooked teeth
- Teeth don’t connect normally when the mouth is closed
- Large gaps between the teeth
- Crowded teeth
- Jaw shifts and clicks when chewing
- Frequently accidentally bite the inside of your mouth
Are Clear Aligners Better Than Braces?
A question that many patients ask when they’re considering braces is whether braces are better than clear aligners. For the most part, braces and clear aligners achieve the same goals. Both are designed to shift your teeth slowly over time to help them achieve proper alignment.
However, there are some benefits to using clear aligners over braces.
- Clear aligners are removable for meals and cleaning, so you can eat whatever you want when using aligners.
- Clear aligners are almost impossible to see from a distance and are difficult to see up close.
Your dentist can help you decide if braces or clear aligners are right for you. If your teeth need to be realigned and you’re interested in braces or clear aligners in Katy and Houston, TX, the first step is getting an examination from a qualified dentist. Make an appointment with your dentist at Chloe Dental.