Gum disease is a serious condition that can lead to gum recession, bone loss and even loss of your permanent teeth. If you think that you have gum disease, it’s important to get care from a dentist in Katy and Houston, TX. The first step is to determine whether you have gum disease. Recognizing the signs can help you decide it’s time to get to the dentist for a diagnosis. Here’s what you need to know.
Signs of Gum Disease
Know the signs of gum disease. If you’re noticing one or more of these symptoms, see your dentist soon!
- Puffy red gums
- Gums that are painful or tender
- Gums bleed easily
- Breath that stays bad even after brushing
- Receding gums
- Teeth fit together differently when you bite
Who Is At Risk
You may be at risk for gum disease if you have poor oral hygiene habits. If you brush your teeth less than twice daily, or if you don’t floss often, you could be at risk. Other factors that could put you at risk include:
- You smoke or chew tobacco
- You’ve experienced hormone changes recently (pregnancy, menopause)
- You take medication that causes dry mouth
- You have inadequate nutrition or vitamin C deficiency
- You’re obese
- You have a compromised immune system
Contact Your Dentist
If you think that you might have gum disease, are noticing symptoms or if you’re at high risk, see your dentist. Your dentist can identify the early signs of gum disease and can help you get treatment before it becomes serious.
For treatment of gum disease in Katy and Houston TX, get help from the professionals at Chloe Dental. Call today to make an appointment.